Your privacy is a primary concern to us. Our goal is to ensure the confidentiality and security for the personal information you provide to us and to protect such information in accordance with applicable privacy laws. This policy explains our privacy and security practices, and may be supplemented by specific policies, procedures, and practices.
Why do we collect personal information?
- To provide you with requested information, products, and/or services, and to communicate with you in relation to your purchases;
- To administer, plan, and manage the relationship with you and to communicate with you;
- To better understand how we may improve our products and services (including through surveys administered by us or on our behalf), to develop and conduct our business and operations, and for other internal business purposes;
- To provide you with information on current and future products and services, or other developments with respect to us and our subsidiaries or affiliates (in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation); and
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements or to protect our legal rights and property; (collectively, the “Authorized Purposes“).
We may collect personal information for other purposes where we have a legal duty or right to do so or where we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to protect our property or rights.
We do not collect personal information for any other purposes, unless we have the consent of the individual to whom it relates.
Collection directly from you
Most of the personal data we process about you comes directly from you for example:
- when you request a sample or quote;
- when you subscribe to our newsletter;
- when you sign up to attend an event relating to a particular area of interest;
- when you become a designated contact and/or an authorised user on one of our platforms; and/or
- 当你表达感兴趣我们的产品ervices (such as when attending an event) to one of our staff or representatives.
Please note that we may record conversations made with our Sales, Account Management and Customer Service teams.
Automatic collection when you contact us or visit our website
We automatically collect information about you as follows:
- our websites automatically log web server information;
- we collect data through cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. For further information please see the Cookies section below.
What personal information is collected?
Personal information is information that is personally identifiable with you. However, it does not include your name, position or title, or business contact information in your capacity as an employee of an organization. It also excludes specified publicly-available information, such as information listed in a public telephone directory. The type of personal information that we collect from you may include, for example, your name, email address, address, phone number, and other information you choose to provide (for example, information you provide through our website voluntarily). We typically collect personal information from you with your knowledge and consent. Occasionally, we may collect personal information from third party sources, but only with your knowledge and consent or where otherwise authorized by law.
How is your personal information used or disclosed?
We only use or disclose personal information as reasonably required to facilitate the Authorized Purposes listed above, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
At any time, you have the right to opt out of receiving future communications. If you would like to request that no further emails be sent to you, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the appropriate link on the Web site, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
In some cases, we may share personal information with third party service providers performing functions on our behalf, including, for example, vendors that provide information technology services or provide analytics or assessment services.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information and will not distribute your personal information to anyone (other than as may be required by law).
Consent – Is there a choice?
Individuals provide their consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by us when they provide their information to us or use our products or services.
Individuals can deny or withdraw their consent to our collection, use and disclosure of their personal information at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to any legal or contractual requirements. However, if consent is denied or withdrawn, we may not be able to provide certain products or services.
Retention of your personal information
The protection of personal information is of paramount concern to us, and we are prepared to take appropriate and timely steps in the event of any incidents involving personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We retain personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, or for legal or business purposes. When your personal information is no longer required, we will destroy or render your personal information non-identifiable (that is, alter the information so that it cannot be traced back to or associated with a specific individual).
Storage and Processing
Cookies and IP Addresses
We will not attempt to link or match such anonymous technical information with any personally-identifiable information unless we have your consent, we (or our service providers) have detected or reasonably suspect any unlawful use of our services or a security breach, or we have a legal duty or right to do so.
Third Party Web sites
Our Web site may contain links to other third-party Web sites that may collect personal information. This policy does not extend to the privacy practices (or lack thereof) of third parties. We cannot and do not assume responsibility for the policies, practices and actions of such third parties.
Access to your information
We appreciate your assistance in keeping your personal information up to date and accurate. You are entitled to access, verify, amend and/or correct your personal information collected by us. You are encouraged to contact our Privacy Officer firstname.lastname@example.org by mailing Vicwest Building Products, Privacy Office, 5050 South Service Road, Unit 200, Burlington, Ontario L7L 5Y7 to verify, correct or update your personal information.
If you have a concern regarding the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer email@example.com或者通过邮寄Vicwest建筑产品，隐私办公室，5050南方服务路，200，伯灵顿，安大略州L7L 5Y7。您的担忧将被调查，您将尽快通知调查结果以及结果所需的任何行动。
This policy, as amended from time to time, has been adopted by Vicwest Inc. and its subsidiaries or affiliates as of September 12, 2018. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.